Benefits of Polyethylene
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is custom-extruded from purified blends of recycled
plastics - the kind that come from milk and detergent bottles. Every year, thousands of tons of
milk bottles and similar plastics are removed from the pollution stream, and diverted and
recycled. Additional proprietary additives such as high-color fast UV–inhibited pigment systems,
anti-oxidant processing aids, and foaming agents are then compounded into the product to
meet the specifications our poly furniture requires, leaving you with a product that is pleasing
to the eye and touch, and is maintenance-free, and can stay outdoors year round!
Unlike most wood and wood composite products that quickly fade when exposed to the
weather, our poly has no wood fibers, retains its vibrant look for years, even decades, and may
fade only slightly over its entire service life.
- Made from 100% recycled plastic. Milk bottles, detergent jugs, etc…
- Extremely weather resistant, with exceptional resistance to moisture, ice, fading, insects,
splinting, warping and other hazards of environmental exposure. Leave your furniture out year-round.
- Essentially maintenance-free, requiring no waterproofing, staining, or other similar recurring
maintenance other than an occasional washing with soap and water.
- High color stability UV system which minimizes material breakdown from prolonged sun and
- Easy to clean, stain-free surface, keeps your furniture almost entirely care free!